interventionelle und Diagnostische Endoskopie (InDiEndo)
Time and place:
Vorbesprechung am 14.10.2019, 18.15, LGDV Seminarraum Cauerstr. 11
- Mon 18:00-20:00
Fields of study
- WPF MT-BA from SEM 3
- WPF MT-MA from SEM 1
- WF MT-BA from SEM 3
- WF MT-MA from SEM 1
Clinical progress within diagnostic and interventional endoscopy workflows have been made possible in the past years based on new technological developments. Examples of such technological developments include (but are not limited to):
-- stereo endoscopes, stereo monitors and head mounted displays,
-- augmented and virtual reality (AR/ VR),
-- color endoscopy, multi-spectral imaging, and confocal micro-endoscopy,
- - swallowable pill-sized endoscopes for diagnostic, steerable and self-propelled pill-endoscopes
- - single-incision endoscopic instruments,
- - robotic and telematic and endoscopy systems,
- - Eye, gaze, gesture or voice control
- - Artificial Intelligence for lesion and instrument detection, tracking and classification
- - Image processing for endoscopic image enhancement and panoramic endoscopy.
Such technological possibilities allow better diagnostics as well as more gentle and conservative (minimal invasive) surgical interventions. In order to obtain a better understanding of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic equipment as well as the related clinical workflows and procedures, both, a theoretical understanding of the technological possibilities and advancements, as well as a practical hands-on experience of endoscopic procedures are necessary. Thus, within this module, participating students should increase and consolidate their knowledge and understanding of the above named technologies with the field of diagnostic endoscopy and minimal invasive endoscopic surgery. For this, necessary fundamentals and principles will be taught and demonstrated, as well as researched and presented by the participating students, in order that the students are able to understand, differentiate and explain various endoscopic equipment, techniques and workflows.
Learning outcomes and competences:
The students acquire professional and methodical competences in the following aspects:
- - Understanding of various endoscopic equipment, necessary anatomy, and different clinical procedures and workflows.
- - distinguish between diagnostic and interventional endoscopy procedures and available equipment
- - Practice in literature and patent research
- - oral presentation and slide preparation skills.
- - Acquire initial hands-on skills (and understanding) of laparoscopy and endoscopy
Keywords: Endoskopie Bildverarbeitung Bildgebung Intervention Diagnose Instrumente
Expected participants: 12